The heart of any organization, especially ones that offer financial services, is the central management of all customer information (dealers, customers, employees) and the connection of all communication channels (in paper or electronic form) in a unified platform. This is the task that BMW Bank GmbH has set itself: to implement a system that creates a sustainable and future-proof digitalization strategy.
In a completely agile project environment, Prime Force was contracted to integrate existing IT solution modules (CRM, ERP, DMS, archive), which are operated both within the bank itself and by process service providers. These processes work on the basis of various input channels: traditional mail (scanning of paper letters), portal, e-mail, fax and, in the future, social media. The system should support these processes, especially optimized in terms of efficiency, but also be scalable and flexible. The implemented approach ensures that all information about the handling of individual procedures is fully accessible to the right people at every stage of the process. This has led to a significant improvement in the quality of the bank's customer service.
Defining customer satisfaction as a key performance indicator (KPI) requires optimal and effective processing of all communication channels. This refers to a large number of modules of the implemented IT system:
- A user interface tailored to the needs of specific users and optimized for effective task processing. The interface was designed in close cooperation with the end users (see more - UX Design).
- Automated recognition and classification of documents based on artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning algorithms
- Automated process control using workflows (Workflow / BPM)
- Archiving of documents in accordance with the applicable standards (analogous to the nationally uniform subject file register).
- Reporting, review and verification of the SLAs established for the Bank's services
- Basic platform for the "360° customer view".
- Solution for the global usage
An agile project approach includes the following key elements:
- Agile UX design process with direct user participation
- SCRUM-based implementation
- Solution architecture based on micro-services defined in the following areas: Document Management System (ECM / DMS), input/output channel management, user interface.
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
Throughout the entire development process, the end user has always been at the forefront of our work. The high level of satisfaction with the system was largely due to the approach of including the users right from the start. At the same time, a targeted change management process was implemented.
The consistency in the application of the chosen methodology enabled the production start of the first version of the system after 6 months from the project initiation.
Complete implementation of the platform for automation of incoming mailing handling.